I'm biased - pulling Progenitus at the prerelease was awesomeness.
Not very useful in that format but I was happy to see him.
Maelstrom Angel
Child of Alara
Meglonoth
Inkwell Leviathan
Progenitus
Blood Tyrant
Charnelhoard Wurm
My vote isn't listed
This set has a lot of amazingly big bad creatures. Bad in a good way. I'm just wondering which you think is the winner. I'm kind of torn between three or four myself.
I'm biased - pulling Progenitus at the prerelease was awesomeness.
Not very useful in that format but I was happy to see him.
Thank goodness our votes our anonymous.![]()
*mooooooooo*
I concur!
(Why do I have to have more than 10 characters for a post? What is that? I am a fan of brevity from time to time.)
Pulling an Obelisk of Alara was amazing. Forget creatures. Obelisk hit and I won. Won me a booster draft at Pando prerelease!
Pulling an exotic orchard and a bunch of mana fixers early kinda MAJORLY helped a 5 color limited deck run smoothly. Idiots drafting though ... exotic orchard was like 5th pick in draft. I typically had mana fixers (MOVE ZIG!) passed to me way deep in the draft. Had another pack that was like 6th pick and there was 3 major USABLE removal spells to choose from (drag down, dark temper, fiery fall). The Obelisk was NOT a first pick rare. I smiled more and more with every pick. People must have been afraid of color and shut themselves out of good spells. Running all 5, every spell had potential.
Blood Tyrant- NOT good. Killed ME more than opponents.
Wild Leotau- was nice to have 2x, but really annoying with the G upkeep. Lost him more than once by forgetting to pay it.
Cliffrunner Behemoth- was another nice fatty I was more than happy to play. Ended up with 2 (1 main, 1 draft) on the day.
Blue (in general)- was REALLY weak. Mailnly played an island for domain spells.
Meglonoth- SHOULD have been a beast, but ended up with the most hate (as he should). Never lasted a turn.
Manaforce Mace- shockingly good in limited, lucklily I had the removal to use in response to equip.
Battlegrace Angel- I hate this card. I hate it more than anything. It was singlehandedly the reason I didn't place in the main and lost to a deck I shouldn't. It was also the reason I successfully cast a Titanic Ultimatum with mutiple creatures out and still lost the game.
I like teh levi
Maelstrom Angel... its just my style... close second was Meglonoth.
-JRR
Bookmarks